November 2

Post 2

This is a bit late, but the beginning of this post will be for the second week of the Student Blogging Challenge.

Commenting!

Commenting!

Above are the rules I would like people to follow when commenting on my posts! It would make things a lot easier to read and reply when things are done like this. Thank you!

Also, I would like to shoutout to someone’s blog: Lexi’s! https://avallejo05.blogspot.com/

Thanks for commenting on my first post, I really appreciate it! Check out her blog!

And back to your regular scheduled programming. 

NaNoWriMo

For those of you who have no clue what this is, and think I was just typing random things on my keyboard, (Which is what it felt like I was doing), NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month! This is a challenge to where you are trying to write a 50,000-word manuscript, or novel, all in one month.

I am going to be participating in this, and hopefully, I don’t bash my head into a wall in frustration of a writer’s block. :)

But, I have done some research and here are a few things I have learned about this month, and how to survive it!

One

One word at a time. Don’t look a the overall goal of the month.  Focus on small goals for each day.

Above is the calendar I am going to be following, the small numbers at the bottom of each day are the word count that you should get to.

Two

Have a writing space. Don’t move from one part of the house to the next part of the house, or to another building completely. That’s too much work. You also need to keep your area that you are working in only for your novel so you don’t get anything confused with something else.

Three

Forget editing. Throw it to the dogs. Well, I mean, as long as you can get it back from the dogs when you have finished. Edit when you are done and have passed the 50,000 words for your novel. Editing will only distract you from what’s important: the story.

Four

Give yourself a treat. It might help to know that if you finish your daily writing word goal each day you’ll get a peice of candy or something you enjoy.

Five

Join the community. Or at least, writing community. They can help you through the month, give you tips, and maybe even restore your sanity after a couple days in NaNoWriMo.

Six

Have fun. That’s an order. 

Well, that’s all I have for this post. Comment any ideas you have to survive NaNoWriMo, and hopefully, the ones I found will help! Have a good day my guys, girls, and nonbinary squirrels, cya!

Posted November 2, 2019 by Alex in category Uncategorized

About the Author

My name is Alex Braley, and I am a teen author. I am currently working on many books and series, (none published yet), and I am writing a series to help teens and young adults help go through things like: Mental Illnesses, deaths, physical illnesses, disabilities, bullying, etc. It is a fantasy series, where the main character, Patton, travels through your wonderland to learn your story and help others who are going through the same thing, or something similar. If you want to help out with that, just send me an email at annaeb9@gmail.com and we can chat. If you have any questions send me an email or comment on a post. Have a great day!